CFA ® (Chartered Financial Analyst)
The CFA ® qualification is considered to be the gold standard for the investment industry. As a measure of its global recognition, more than 200,000 people registered for the CFA ® Program in 2010. Without a doubt, earning a CFA ® charter will enhance graduates’ credibility and competitive advantage in the global workplace, as well as connecting them to a global network of over 100,000 charterholders.
The program thoroughly covers a broad range of investment topics including asset valuation, financial mathematics, corporate finance and portfolio management. The qualification is ideal for people working as Analysts or Asset Managers, but anyone wanting to understand the workings of the financial markets from a theoretical and practical perspective will find it useful. Throughout the three levels there is a strong emphasis on building analytical skills underpinned by a belief in ethical behaviour.
Advantages of the qualification
CFA ® is the most widely known and respected investment qualification in the world. There are over 100,000 charter holders working in over 130 countries. Numerous regulators accept the CFA ® charter as a proxy for many licensing requirements.
The CFA ® qualification provides a high standard for employers who can trust the professional knowledge of employees holding this qualification
The program concentrates on practical knowledge. The curriculum is updated every year to reflect changes in the global business environment.
The credential provides a comprehensive coverage of all the topics needed for a financial professional operating in the global business world.
Body of knowledge
The curriculum is broken down into three levels, all of which have to be passed in order to complete the CFA ® qualification. Topics encompassed by the curriculum include: Ethical and Professional Standards
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Equity Investments
- Fixed Income
- Alternative Investments
- Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning
In addition to passing all levels you are also required to have a minimum of fours years relevant practical experience before achieving CFA ® charter status.
CFA ® charterholders increase your firm’s competitive advantage and prestige. They show your clients and colleagues that your team has mastered a broad range of investment topics and is committed to the highest of standards. Since 1962, the CFA ® Program has led the field for excellence. It sets the global benchmark for ensuring financial professionals have the right investment knowledge, follow best practices, and are committed to the highest ethical standards.
Become a CFA ® charterholder
There are four steps to follow if you want to become a CFA ® Charterholder:
- Enter the CFA ® Programme
- Study for and pass the three level of exams
- Become a regular member of CFA ® Institute
- Maintain your charter status
BPP Follows CFA Institute Prep Provider Guidelines.
CFA Institute does not endorse, promote or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by BPP Professional Education. CFA Institute, CFA ® and Chartered Financial Analyst ® are trademarks owned by the CFA Institute. BPP’s courses and study materials are developed to complement the core curriculum and to facilitate the learning process and are not to be used as a substitute for study of the prescribed curriculum.
- CFA ® Levels The curriculum is broken down into three levels, all of which have to be passed in order to complete the CFA ® qualification. In addition to passing all CFA ® levels you...
- Flexible Online Classroom and Online classrom Live BPP offers the Online Classroom study solutions towards the CFA qualification. To read more about the OCR products, please click here. Contact us for dates and prices....
- Optional courses The CFA ® Program attracts candidates from a wide range of investment and finance disciplines. That’s why BPP designed Optional courses which students can choose to fit their level of knowledge and supplement...
- Examinations The CFA Program includes a series of three exams that are offered in test centers around the world. These three exams – Level I, Level II, and Level III – must be passed sequentially...